A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the President of ITS Hellas, Dr. Angelos Amditis, Richard Harris, International Director, ITS United Kingdom and Alan Stevens, Chariman of ITS United Kingdom, on behalf of the two Associations, in the context of the 23rd ITS World Congress in Melbourne, on Wednesday 12 October 2016. The basic purpose of this MoU is to establish a bilateral relationship and develop cooperation in important matters pertaining to ITS research, planning, and deployment in the two countries. Particular attention will be given to improving membership value and promoting research, educational, and commercial cooperation between the two Associations. With this framework, ITS professionals and industries will better understand the potential for ITS and thus be able to optimize the development and deployment of ITS in their respective countries. The principles that were set down, through this Memorandum of Understanding, are:
- To exchange of ITS information and technical publications between the two parties for their respective use and, as appropriate, for the purpose of sharing it with members of ITS United Kingdom and ITS Hellas as well as its dissemination with the larger ITS community of professionals and industry and the public at large.
- To facilitate ITS professionals and organizations from both private and public sectors who wish to make contact or visits to ITS development and implementation sites in the United Kingdom and in Greece.
- To exchange and dialogue among ITS United Kingdom and ITS Hellas Greece volunteer leadership and staff regarding effective association management practices.
- To exchange and dialogue on policy issues that will be discussed at International Road Congresses and ITS World Congresses to benefit ITS professionals and industries around the world.
- To cooperatively promote of each other’s principal ITS events.